Saturday 1 September 2018

Lost Gay History: Stories from Australian Public Toilet Walls and Doors 1970s and 1980s - Blog 1


Before the internet and mobile phone devices, men who were interested in sex with other men, often used the walls and doors of male public toilets to leave not only phone numbers of sexually active people, but detailed stories for the enjoyment and information of other users. With a diverse community of drop-in users and little effort from the caretakers to remove any graffiti, these stories often stayed current for considerable periods of time (days or weeks). In their own way, the subtext also helped sexually educate other men as to the diversity of sexual activity and masculine interests happening in that neighbourhood.

Unfortunately, because of the transitory nature of these writings, little historical record of them has been able to be captured. But fortunately, I have now inherited a small collection of these stories that were directly transcribed “on location” or quickly written down shortly thereafter, so they are very authentic and illustrate a piece of M2M sexual history now rarely engaged in. They come from city and suburban public toilet blocks in Adelaide, Australia in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

To quote my source:
“I used to collect them whilst driving around - "doing the beats", usually during the day while travelling with my work. Also, there were 17 bogs (public toilet blocks) on my way home from work which I usually visited daily. If there was anything worth writing, I just locked the door and used whatever paper I had on me to copy the stories. Some have been re-written. Some stories were so good I would get a good hard cock and jerk off while reading them. Toilet walls now are boring...”

This is authentic M2M sexual history as written by the participants themselves. Enjoy these very rare historical insights into this lost sexual and male-bonding culture, where reading a paragraph or two on a cubicle wall or door told you that the strange urgent sexual urges that you have are also shared by other men, probably married, so perhaps you weren’t so queer or weird or deviant after-all. And if you sat there long enough, you might just meet another like-minded man who also liked to do pleasurable things with his cock and his mouth and his arse.

Humour:
“There was a young girl from France
Who jumped on a train in her pants
Twenty-one fucked her
Besides the conductor
And the driver shot twice in his pants” (September 1975)

Advice:
“It’s no good standing on the seat... the crabs in here can jump six feet!
(Response)
“Don’t be such a fuckin’ liar, the crabs in here can jump much higher!” (September 1975)

You’ve Come to the Right Location:
“I have been sucked off here many times. Weekdays 11-11.30 it is beautiful. I have also sucked his 9” cock and let him push it up me before he blew. When I sucked it I put my hand around and pulled it while I worked my mouth over the nob. Then when he blows I force the whole 9” down my throat. Then he slowly sucks me. (May 1976)

Sometimes an Entire Story:
“I was at this house last week doing a job about 10am. The woman went out and said she would be back at 3pm.
At 12.00 I felt horny and went to her bedroom. She had all this great gear. So, I got dressed up, stockings, belt, bra, wig, high heel boots and make up. I was standing at the mirror pulling myself when she came in and caught me.
She stood at the door and just looked. Then she said “You look beautiful. I want to fuck you – get on the bed.”  She stripped off to her stockings and put on a half bra that let her nipples stick out over the top. She got into bed and layed over the top of me with a tit in my mouth.
I sucked it hard as she stroked my balls, and slid her finger she had wet from her cunt up my arse.
Then we changed around to a 69 position and sucked each other. Then I rolled her off and over, lifted her legs over my shoulders and fucked her. (April 1977)

... and even the occasional Thank You to Shakespeare:
“To fuck or not to fuck, that is the question:
Whether ‘tis safer in the end to masturbate
To lie back dreaming of outrageous sex,
To take one’s sturdy pikestaff well in hand
And by manipulation, climax. Then to sleep,
No more to fear the Pox or cries of rape
Or legal claims because of pills forgot.
To sleep perchance to dream of more stupendous sex
And come again. To fuck or not to fuck
‘Tis wiser in the end to masturbate.”

A Final Contemplation:
“Some come to sit and think.
Some come to shit and stink.
I come here to scratch my balls
And read the writing on the walls.” (April 1977)


More of these historical discoveries in another blog soon.





A STRAIGHT MAN’S GUIDE TO SAME SEX HOOK-UPS: How And Where To Find Your Man 

When it is time to have sex with men, you need answers! 

Don't f**k up the potentially hottest sex time in your life by not knowing the facts. I'm the ex-married gay man who writes this blog, so I'm sharing my experiences with you in this easy-to-read ebook so that your sex with guys can be brilliant and always available. 

It's the best couple of dollars you'll ever invest!

ebook download at:


THE VERSATILE HUSBAND: Live Your Passion This is a more comprehensive version of A STRAIGHT MAN’S GUIDE TO SAME SEX HOOK-UPS and includes examining why as sexually frustrated men we feel the way we do and what can be done to improve the situation. Particularly useful for any married man who needs more detail  before deciding whether or not to sexually play with men.

e-book and paperback at Amazon.com or
paperback only at your favourite online or local bookstore.

For a plain unidentifiable eBook cover edition go tohttp://www.amazon.com/Versatile-Husband-Plain-Cover-ebook/dp/B009V5AXEI

"A straightforward, practical guide for men in heterosexual relationships who'd like to explore sex with other men. Frank, honest and understanding."Kirkus Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment